Greenway® therefore has the same versions but with their own specific advantages:
- Greenway® : Can be used in many heating applications and has low viscosity at low temperatures for refrigeration.
- Greenway® Solar : very low degradation at high temperature
- Greenway® Heat Pump: efficiently transfers heat while minimizing the risk of ground pollution in the event of a leak.
A heat transfer medium:
- To suit renewable energy objectives
- With a biodegradable raw material derived from a renewable vegetable resource (non alimentary corn)
- Without any toxic additives (no borax, nitrate, phosphate or amine)
- Anticorrosive technology based on organic long lasting inhibitors
- A low ecological footprint in production: 40% less CO2 emissions and 40% less energy than that of traditional MPG
- Greenway® is the only BIO Heat Transfer Fluid formula agreed by French Health Ministry for sanitary hot water production by simple exchange.
Suitable for :
- underfloor heating, sprinkler and central heating systems
- air conditioning and refrigeration (freezing point : -30°C)
Its viscosity is 3 times lower than MPG at -20°C so it brings:
- Less required flow rate
- Increased flow rates
- Reduced pump size
- Energy savings to achieve the desired performance
Pumping energy requirements:
14 times less energy for Greenway® compared to MPG at -30 ° C and 3 times less at -10° C.
4 times more energy for Greenway® compared to MEG (labelled as harmful) at -30 ° C.
Suitable for: thermal solar systems (panels or vacuum tubes)
Greenway® Solar degradation is 4 times lower than MPG at 150°C so it allows:
- Reduced degradability when operating at high temperatures
- Better control of corrosion
- Solar panels will have less sludge build up
- Increased lifespan and long lasting efficiency
For Climalife, it gives a key success factor for solar applications!
Greenway® Heat Pump:
Suitable for: ground source heat pump collectors and heating circuits of air to water heat pumps
It raises consciousness on the issue of environmental practices and habits : even though Greenway® Heat Pump is fully derived from a renewable vegetable source and offers minimal pollution compared to traditional MPG in case of a system leak, it is still to be considered as a waste and needs appropriate treatment.
Author : R. Viry